Job Opening: Full-Time Minister
Ridge Avenue Church of Christ is seeking a Full-Time Minister who will be responsible for day-to-day church operations, preaching/teaching in congregational services & gatherings, managing community evangelism, meeting the counseling/enrichment needs of church members and other duties as defined by Elders.
Ridge Avenue Church of Christ is a small congregation located in Tifton, Georgia with approximately 60 full-time members. Ridge Avenue was established in the 1950’s through the sponsorship of Central Church of Christ in Valdosta, Georgia. Over the years the congregation has seen moderate growth and contraction, but is looking to make efforts to once again grow and become more visible in the community. Currently, Ridge Avenue has two elders and four deacons and is well connected with area Churches of Christ in the South-Central area of Georgia. The Tifton Community boasts a population of approximately 40,000 people with an active state college, a satellite campus of the University of Georgia, and a technical college – which gives the congregation a tremendous opportunity to reach a younger population. Tifton is located in Tift County along 3 major highway/interstate systems and is approximately one hour from the Florida line and two hours from the Georgia Coast.
- Day – to – Day Church Operations to include:
- Maintaining open and consistent communication with congregation and community, including but not limited to: telephone outreach, written correspondence, virtual/text/email messaging, website and social media management, and personal visitation.
- Establishing 40 operational hours/ to be in the church office or in community conducting evangelism efforts or congregational enrichment activities
- Creation of weekly bulletin and management of weekly/monthly worship assignments
- Preaching/Teaching Duties to include:
- Two Sermons every Sunday except during planned leave (Sunday Morning and Sunday Evening Worship Services, respectively)
- Short Devotional for Wednesday Night Bible Study Worship Service on a rotating basis with other congregational men
- Teach Adult Bible Classes on Sundays and Wednesdays, alternating with Congregation’s Elders
- Coordinating and participating in area-wide Summer Series with area preachers/speakers
- Coordinating fill-in speakers/preachers during times of planned leave
- Community Evangelism
- Participate in a local civic organization of your choice
- Manage outreach efforts through a coordinated plan or curriculum such as “House to House, Heart to Heart” or other Bible-Based curriculum approved by Elders.
- Assist in creation and implementation of congregational marketing plan
- Represent congregation in relevant community events such as:
- Monthly Area Churches of Christ Minister’s Breakfast
- City of Tifton Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast
- Other events deemed appropriate by Elders.
- Counseling & Enrichment of Congregation
- Work with Deacons and Congregational Members on events to promote congregational engagement and enrichment
- On a regular basis, meet or correspond with home/living-bound or absent congregants to ensure their spiritual needs are met including hospital visitation, as appropriate.
- Have ability to provide basic counseling services for church members experiencing grief or changes in life, such as anticipatory marriage or death.
- Other duties deemed necessary & assigned by Elders.
Minimum Experience & Education Required:
- Degree or certification from an accredited program in Biblical Studies or related field.
- Skilled in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Email
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized and capable of managing church office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Biblical Studies or related field.
- 3-5 years ministerial work in pulpit or youth capacity
Email the following application packet to RidgeAveSearch@gmail.com:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Appendix Page with:
- 2-3 links to past sermons (church website, YouTube® or Facebook® links are appropriate)
- Contact information for at least 3 references (references should be former congregants, professors or church leaders where you have ministered or attended)